In today’s video, I outline five things that athletes should keep in mind for their first competition: these things will help ensure that you have a good time, hit all your lifts, and leave the competition with a fire lit under you for your next competition.
1. Don’t worry about your weight class.
2. Generally not going for PRs in your first competition.
3. What to eat the night before a competition.
4. Warming up for attempts.
5. Make your training environment like a competition environment.
6. (Bonus) what to eat during a competition.